Leading European pharmaceutical CDMO
Headquartered in Amiens, France, Unither (“the Company”) is a leading European pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organisation (“CDMO”) which produces complex sterile liquid formulations for medical use. The Company is recognised as the global market leader in the Blow-Fill-Seal (“BFS”) segment and employs 1,600 people who are split across seven manufacturing facilities in France, the US, Brazil, and China, as well as an additional R&D centre in Bordeaux, France. Its products are sold in over 100 countries demonstrating a well-established global footprint.
The Company benefits from a long-standing and loyal customer base made up of medium to large pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology, generics and over-the-counter players and is recognised for its technical expertise and strong industrial performance.
IK Partners, together with GIC, acquired their stakes from Ardian in March 2023 and will be working with Keensight Capital (“Keensight”), Parquest and the management team who have reinvested.
What Attracted Us to the Business
- Sole player to offer BFS production on three continents
- Longstanding customer base
- Solid historic organic growth
- Recognised for technical expertise and industrial performance
Our Value Creation Strategy
We are working alongside management to:
- Further enhance position as European BFS market leaders by continuing to support new and existing customers in launching new products;
- Continue US market penetration and pursue expansion into Brazil and China; and
- Develop into BFS adjacencies, including multidose preservative-free products and vaccinations.
Quote from the Client
“With Ardian’s support, we have been able to strengthen our business in the US, expand into China and continue investing significantly to cope with our customers’ strong demand and fuel our future organic growth. In collaboration with our new partners, GIC and IK and with the support of our historic partners Keensight and Parquest, we are seeking to build on this strong foundation, to continue satisfying our customers and leverage our global footprint.”
Eric Goupil, Executive Chairman, Unither Pharmaceuticals