European market leader in seafood, blini and spreadable products
Labeyrie is a clear market leader in France, producing upmarket branded food products sold on the French, Dutch, Belgian and Spanish markets. Its product range encompasses three main categories: seafood products (mainly smoked salmon), speciality regional products (mainly foie gras) and blinis & spreadables (taramasalata, guacamole etc.). The company sells its products only through retailers.
Founded in 1946, the Group comprises of Labeyrie and Pierre Gueraçague in France, and Vensy in Spain, employing 2 500 people. Headquarters are located in St-Geours-de-Maremne, South-West France.
IK acquired Labeyrie via the IK 2000 Fund from Suez, through a public offering on the Paris Stock Exchange in March 2002. IK’ stake was then sold to SÍF in December 2004.
Our Value Creation Strategy
During our ownership, we worked alongside the management team to:
- Expand the scope of geographic distribution;
- Further develop salmon processing segment;
- Diversify the value-added processed products portfolio; and
- Facilitate strategic add-on acquisitions.
- Acquired Blini in 2003 and Farne in 2004.