Back to Investments
Leading online clothing and homeware retailer
At the time of exiting, Ellos was a leading home shopping and e-commerce company headquartered in Borås, Sweden. Its main product area was clothing and the company also ran a substantial financing operation.
During IK’s ownership, Ellos was mail-order company in the Nordic countries. The IK 1994 Fund acquired Ellos from ICA in November 1995, with stake later sold to La Redoute in July 1997.
Our Value Creation Strategy
During our ownership, we worked alongside the management team to:
- Support geographical expansion, primarily targeting Denmark and the Baltic states;
- Achieve operational improvements through international benchmarking;
- Utilise segmented, targeted mailings; and
- Make strategic add-on acquisitions.
- Acquired Josefssons, Sweden’s fourth largest mail-order house.